New designs and a new post! I am excited to share My Mom's Junk new look with you in my latest post!!! It's been quiet on the blog but behind the scenes, it has been a whirlwind of activity. It seems like if I'm blogging about something, I don't have time to get the project done. For my sanity, that's just not an option anymore. That being said, I'm working around the clock to prepare for my ... Read More about My Mom’s Junk New Look!
Bacon… and cheddar… and pears… oh, my! Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. This recipe is from my brother and sister-in-law Dan and Kathy Owens. They just spent this Saturday cooking and photographing pear recipes for my blog. Be glad that they did. Because this is to die for. Everything that they cook is! This takes the humble grilled cheese sandwich to a whole new level. This is quick, easy, and delicious.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons current or fig jam
- 2 slices white sandwich bread
- 2 slices cheddar
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- ¼ small pear, thinly sliced
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium low heat. Spread the jam on 1 slice of the bread and form and sandwich with the cheese, bacon, and pear.
- Cook the sandwich, covered, until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes per side.