New designs and a new post! I am excited to share My Mom's Junk new look with you in my latest post!!! It's been quiet on the blog but behind the scenes, it has been a whirlwind of activity. It seems like if I'm blogging about something, I don't have time to get the project done. For my sanity, that's just not an option anymore. That being said, I'm working around the clock to prepare for my ... Read More about My Mom’s Junk New Look!
Notice: Undefined index: float_location_post in /home/mymomsju/public_html/wp-content/plugins/social-warfare/functions/frontend-output/buttons-standard.php on line 139
I managed to get one of my DIY 2014 projects off my wish list. I painted my hutch Duck Egg Blue by Annie Sloane and used ceramic rose knobs from Hobby Lobby. I even managed to get them 50% off. Yea!!!!! I finally got off the waiting list at River City Trading Post in downtown Jenks. I have a booth that I am sharing with my Cousin and Sister-In-Law. So this will be my first item I am selling. I love it so much that I hate to see it go:(
I have to tell you that I am in love with this color!!!!
My DIY New Years Resolutions (A.K.A. paint, paint, and more paint;) Update!
1. Paint my kitchen cabinets.
- Update on this project…I got a quote in hopes of doing it sooner than later. It was was very high. I have used this paint company before and I know they are good and their prices are fair. I definitely know that I can’t get these to look the way I want if I do it myself. The prep work is insane (they cover everything in plastic) and they use a sprayer. It is also fast drying oil based paint. Which is extremely hard to work with. So I am going to have to bite the bullet. It just might have to wait until next year.
2. Paint my living room bookcases
- The quote on this project was a little more reasonable since it was smaller. I might go ahead and have them painted this spring.
3. Paint my hutch in the living room (Duck Egg Blue?)
4. Paint my master bedroom and bathroom and clear out the clutter from my closet.
- This is a definite DIY and on my hit list.
5. Decorate Willow’s Room
6. Paint and decorate Krystiana, Alex, and Landon’s rooms. The flat Lambswool by Pratt and Lambert is just getting GROSS!
Have our foyer painted or figure out how we can DIY it with a 16 foot ceiling.
- Got the quote. Yikes!
8. Do some minor (is it ever?) remodeling in out master bath and
9. Tame the clutter beast!
10. Start cooking more!
- Well…I bought some cookbooks;)