I’ve enjoyed the posts for my Vintage Photo and Recipe Swap so much. I can’t wait to share them with you! I’ve had an extremely positive response. So I’ve decided I’m making this a permanent fixture on my blog. You can submit your vintage photo and family recipe to my email at [email protected] We are doing a giveaway to celebrate!
This is another recipe from my Great Aunt Mildred. Isn’t that photo so cute?!? This makes a ton and keeps for a long time!
- 1 gallon Catsup
- 4 cooks spoons barbecue spice
- 1 small bottle Worcestershire
- 1 cup Heinz 57 Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dry Mustard
- 1 Orange (cut in half and squeeze to juice.)
- 1 Lemon (cut in half and squeeze to juice.)
- 1 gallon Tomato Sauce
- ½ gallon water
- 1 cup liquid smoke
- 2 cups sugar
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 1½ hours on low . Cool and put into gallon jars. It makes 2 gallons. It keeps for a long time.