New designs and a new post! I am excited to share My Mom's Junk new look with you in my latest post!!! It's been quiet on the blog but behind the scenes, it has been a whirlwind of activity. It seems like if I'm blogging about something, I don't have time to get the project done. For my sanity, that's just not an option anymore. That being said, I'm working around the clock to prepare for my ... Read More about My Mom’s Junk New Look!
Feeding a family of 8 is a daunting task. Finding simple, budget friendly, family meals for my house full of picky eaters is always a challenge. Forget going out to eat! McDonald’s costs us $50.00 and my kids won’t eat it. (Thank goodness.) My best friend Jennifer has 7 children and is constantly cooking from scratch, which just amazes me. It takes time but is healthier, tastes better, and cheaper than anything you can buy at the store. Recently, I sat down with her and looked at her menu ideas and recipes. I needed a few quick “kid friendly” recipes. She got this pizza dough recipe from her Uncle, who owned a Pizza place in Greensburg, KS. Pizza is always a kid favorite. Making dough from scratch was a little intimidating, but the kids loved it. Landon made the two pizza’s in the picture above. We put garlic butter on the crust. Yum!
- 2 packages yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 5 cups bread flour
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Stir yeast into warm water in mixing bowl. Cover with towel and let sit for 5-10 minutes, until foamy.
- Add 4 cups of bread flour, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ cup oil. Stir until it forms a soft dough.
- Add a little more flour, so it's not so sticky and knead for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Grease a bowl and put dough in, turn over to grease both sides, and cover with plastic wrap that has been greased.
- Cover with a warm towel and let rise in a warm place for at least 45 minutes, or until doubled.
- Divide in half.
- Roll out and put on a greased pan (sprinkled with cornmeal if desired)
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Spread with pizza sauce and favorite toppings and bake for 10-15 more minutes. Enjoy!