New designs and a new post! I am excited to share My Mom's Junk new look with you in my latest post!!! It's been quiet on the blog but behind the scenes, it has been a whirlwind of activity. It seems like if I'm blogging about something, I don't have time to get the project done. For my sanity, that's just not an option anymore. That being said, I'm working around the clock to prepare for my ... Read More about My Mom’s Junk New Look!
Notice: Undefined index: float_location_post in /home/mymomsju/public_html/wp-content/plugins/social-warfare/functions/frontend-output/buttons-standard.php on line 139
I was given this recipe by my BFF, Jen. She gave it to me one year during Lent, when I was lamenting about how I was sick of fish sticks. My meatless list consisted of pizza, spaghetti, mac and cheese, and fish sticks. I needed help, people! This recipe did the trick. We eat these Spicy Fish Tacos year round now. The sauce is absolutely amazing. It has some kick to it so you might want to cut back on the spice for your littlest ones.
- ½ Cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 lime
- 1 minced jalapeno (remove seeds)
- 1 tsp minced capers
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried cumin
- ½ tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 box beer battered fish
- homestyle tortillas (Unless you're feeling ambitious by all means make your own!)
- package of coleslaw kit (you will use the cabbage) or one head of cabbage
- Preheat oven. Cook fish per directions on box. While fish is cooking make sauce. When fish is done place one filet in a warmed tortilla, top with cabbage, then spicy sauce. Enjoy! These are amazing!
- To make sauce:
- Mix ½ cup plain yogurt and ½ cup mayo. Gradually add one line until slightly runny. Add minced jalapeno, capers, oregano, cumin, dill weed and cayenne pepper. Mix well.